1. Information we collect
First, we collect the following personal information to recruit employees, to respond to inquiries related to employment, and to identify the persons covered by employment protection.
- Required information: Name, password for confirmation, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, nationality, educational background (school name, month and year of entrance/graduation, major, specialized major, grade, graduation status), career background (company name, job, position, department name, duration of employment), military service information, veterans information (if applicable), disability information (if applicable)
- Optional: career background (for new employees), language and other certifications (certification type, level, date of certification)
Second, we collect the following personal information to receive partnership proposals.
- Required information: Proposer’s name, email address
- Optional: Company name
The following information may be automatically generated and collected in the course of using our services or handling businesses. - User’s browser type and OS, visit record (IP address, log-in time), cookies
We collect personal information by user input method through the web document of our website (http://webtoonscorp.com), and in some cases, we may collect some information in the forms of hard copies or emails.
2. Purposes of handling personal information
- A. To conduct recruitment process, to revise job application forms, to check acceptance, and to communicate with applicants
- B. To receive partnership proposals and to get back with the result after review
3. Information we provide to third party
We use personal information within the scope set in “2. Purposes of handling personal information,” and in principle, we do not exceed the scope or disclose personal data to any third party without the consent of the user except for the following cases:
- - when the user consent to share in advance;
- - when required by law; or if required to be disclosed by investigative agencies for investigation purposes following the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations
In some cases, we offer jobs to applicants at the companies we have a particular relation to (subsidiaries, affiliate companies, etc.), and in these cases, we always obtain consent from the applicants by contacting them individually before we transfer applications to the respective companies.
4. Commission for collected personal information
For carrying out our services, we commission outside professional companies (subcontractors) to handle personal information as follows. To secure the safety of personal information, we establish necessary regulatory measures when contracting commission in agreement with the applicable laws.
The commissioned subcontractors for handling personal information and their work scope are described as below:
Period of retentions and use of
Naver Business Platform Corp.
Website development &
maintenance System operation &
Until the date when the purpose
of use is achieved
5. Period for retentions and use of personal information
We process and retain personal information within the period agreed by the main agents of the information upon the time of collection. In principle, we destruct personal information without delay when the purpose of its collection and use has been achieved.
However, the personal information of job applicants is saved in our labor pool and is used for recruitment when necessary. If an applicant wishes to delete his/her personal information, we remove it without delay.
6. Procedure and method of destruction of personal data
In principle, we destruct the personal information immediately after the purposes of its collection and use have been achieved without delay. We destruct the information in following procedure and methods:
A. Procedure of destruction
- After the purpose of personal information is achieved, the information input by the main agents of the information is transferred to a separate database (or separate filing cabinets for hard copies) and retained as required by internal policy and other relevant laws and regulations before destruction. (Refer to “5. Period for retentions and use of personal information”)
- In such event, the personal information which is stored and managed separately will never be used for any other purposes unless otherwise required by law.
B. Methods of destruction
- We destruct hard copies of personal information by shredding with a pulverizer or incinerating it.
- We delete personal information stored in the form of electronic files by using technological methods that prevent the record from restoration.
7. Rights and obligations of the main agent of the information
The main agents of the information can view or modify their registered personal information and request deletion or temporary suspension of treatment of personal information at any time. If you want to delete information or temporarily suspend the treatment of personal information, contact the person in charge of managing personal information via written documents, phone call, or email, and we will take measures without delay.
8. Measures to ensure the safety of personal information
To prevent the loss, theft, leakage, alteration or damage of personal information, we take protection measures for securing its safety as follows:
A. Encryption of password
The password setup on our website is stored and managed after encrypting it. Only the user knows the password. The only one who knows the password can check and revise his/her own personal information.
B. Countermeasures against hacking
We are doing our best to prevent leakage or damage of personal information from hacking or computer virus. To prevent our user's personal information from being damaged, we back up the data from time to time. We also use the latest anti-virus programs to prevent leakage or damage of personal information or data. We also securely transmit personal information on the network through encrypted communication method.
We use Intrusion Prevention Systems to control unauthorized access from outside and try to have all possible technical devices to ensure security systematically.
C. Minimizing the number of and providing education for the employees who handle personal information
The handling of personal information is limited to the privacy protection officer who is assigned with a separate password, which is updated on a regular basis. We provide frequent training to the privacy protection officer, emphasizing the importance of protecting personal information.
9. Persons in charge of privacy protection and contact information
You may notify the persons in charge of protecting personal information about any related complaints generated when using our website, etc. We will respond promptly and adequately to your reports.
Person in charge of privacy protection Privacy protection officer
|Person in charge of privacy protection||Privacy protection officer|
If you need to report or consult about other privacy infringement issues, please contact the following organizations:
- Personal Information Infringement Report Center(http://privacy.kisa.or.kr / 118 without area code)
- Cybercrime Investigation Division, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office(http://www.spo.go.kr / 1301 without area code)
- Cyber Bureau, National Police Agency(http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr / 182 without area code)
- Effective date : 1 May 2017